Sunday, November 29, 2009

"So, I've made peace with the falling leaves."

Winter is approaching. The days grow darker, nights longer, colder and I slip into my restlessness. This year brought change (what year doesn't?), and I keep questioning decisions and trying to make plans, but it's all new now. Different weights tugging on the scale, trying so hard to keep it all balanced. I need ____ and then I'll be happy, but happy is just moments that come and go, it's not a state of constant being. Maybe we never figure out exactly what we want. Maybe that's not the point. Life is the journey we take trying to figure out the answer to the ultimate questions. Why am I here? What am I doing? Where is my life going? Life is what happens to us while we seek these answers.

I am a newly wed (Married September 5th, 2009 to my thoughtful and handsome husband Joel), with two cats Lila (our princess) and Gyro (the king of the house) and one dog Sage (who we rescued, she's really smart but acts out when we're not home by tearing up things, which makes me angry). I am a cat person. I graduated college with a BFA in Studio Art, with a specialization in Photography and an Art History minor and I currently work as an Administrative Assistant at a local hospital.

This blog will be about my adventures in cooking, decorating, house purchasing, career hunting, baby making, soul searching and in general figuring out our new life together and when, where and how we're going to put our roots down.

No comments:

Post a Comment