Yesterday we got to hear the heart beat for the first time at our appointment!! What an amazing thing. It was right at the end of the appointment and we only got to hear it for about 30 seconds or so but I'm just so glad that we were able to hear it! The midwife went over my blood work and everything looked great. I remain classified in the lowest risk category and labeled as an "ideal patient" which is also good to hear. :)
Our next appointment is on September 21st and I'll be 15 weeks at that point. Then the appointment after that probably on the week of October 18th I'll have my anatomy scan done to make sure all the baby's organs are there and functioning properly aaaand we'll get to find out of if it's a boy or a girl!
Here are my belly pictures for this week. I took them with photo booth on my Mac so their not the best quality and I'm too lazy to photoshop to lightening them up at all at the moment. But they give the general idea that there's a definitely bloat bump going on.


I think there's been more changes in my boobs than my belly the past few weeks! XD
I bought my first maternity item and we bought the first thing for the baby this past Saturday. The first maternity item was one of those bella band like things since I can't button the top buttons on any of my pants. This is doing wonders. The first baby item is a bib that we found at Burlington Coat Factory (who sells baby stuff!?! I had no idea...this is going to be baaaad!). The bib says "Future CEO" with a tie on it so when you clip the bib on baby it looks like s/he is wearing a tie. Joel was a business major in college which is why we thought this was great lol. We were actually shopping for our friends whose baby shower is this coming Saturday, but when we saw that bib we couldn't help ourselves. I also got a steal on a great pea coat with a hood ($40!!!) and a pair of Polo sneakers, all black and so so comfy ($20!!!) for our trip to London next week. I figured with all the rain that is likely to fall while we're there and all the walking we plan on doing these would be two great investments. I have to say 2010 has been a pretty exciting/great year. There were a LOT of changes, but the majority of them were good and I love where I've ended up.
No comments:
Post a Comment