Tuesday, August 10, 2010

OB Appointment Issues

First of all I clearly never got around to doing the full 8 week update. I've been too tired, but on the plus side the nausea has subsided quite a bit which is making life a lot easier. Today the hormones were in full swing. I cried twice at work, I never cry and I'm just thankful no one was around for either of the occurrences so it's like it never happened.

The second time was because Women's Health called me to tell me that there is an issue with my appointment that is scheduled for tomorrow. This appointment was originally supposed to be on Friday, but they had an issue with one of midwives who is going to be out on disability so they had to do a lot of rescheduling, so I got bumped up by two days. Well apparently when the lady rescheduled my appointment she only slotted me in for 20 minutes for what is supposed to be a 60 minute appointment. So they ask me if I'm available on August 30th. I ask if there is anything sooner and she says no that's the soonest they can get me in. So now I start freaking out in my mind and let her know that I'm leaving on September 1st to fly to London and that this was supposed to be my first appointment so I'd like to know that everything is okay prior to two days before hand because if it's not or if for any reason they tell me I'm not allowed to fly I need time to be able to cancel the trip. She then tells me she'll see what she can do and call me back.

About 10 minutes later she calls me back to let me know that she's spoken with the midwife and that they're going to keep my appointment for tomorrow to cover as much as they can and then I'll come back on August 23rd so they can finish anything that we couldn't get to at the first appointment. I also had to pick up all the paper work tonight so I can fill it out prior to the appointment tomorrow which will save a lot of time. Thankfully my mom is a nurse so she's been helping me with any of the questions that I'm unsure of and some I left blank to go over with the midwife tomorrow anyways. I'm just glad that we got to keep tomorrow's appointment because we've been looking forward to it for weeks and it's just not going to feel completely real to me until I hear the heart beat, which I really hope they can pick it up tomorrow, it's going to be iffy since I'm only 8w 5d so we're keeping our fingers crossed. I'll post an update when I get home tomorrow night about how the appointment went.

No comments:

Post a Comment