Sunday, January 2, 2011

Baby Gear Lists

We started our registries (Target & Babies R Us) a few weeks ago and I think it's pretty close to being done at this point. We finally agreed upon a stroller/car seat travel system after testing it out at Babies R Us last night. I'm so excited about this because these were two items we were having a hard time with given that the ones that suit our style had terrible reviews and such. We've decided on the S1 Safety 1st AeroLite LX Travel System in the "Pegasus" style which is brown and blue. We played around with it and found it to be easy to use and it corners very nicely. The car seat portion has great safety reviews and in general the whole system received great reviews with the only draw backs being it's weight, which we didn't find it to be too heavy when testing it out and it doesn't fit in the front portion of some shopping carts which isn't really a big deal to us because we don't buy a lot of groceries at once anyways.

Here are some pictures I took while we were checking it out:

Just the stroller without the carseat/carrier attached:


With the carseat/carrier attached:


Cup holders for us! The empty hole is where a little covered bin goes which would be good for our cellphones and keys:


The carseat/carrier portion:



Close up of the design which we love:




I want to make a list of items we need to get so I can keep track of what we have and what we still need.

Hospital Bag:

[ ] Printed copies of our birth plan
[ ] Cord Blood Donation (if we need to bring anything)
[ ] Carseat (make sure base in properly installed in by the end of February)
[ ] Wallet w/ insurance card
[ ] My pillow
[ ] Eucalyptus massage oil
[ ] Small fan
[ ] Going home outfit:
  • [ ] Yoga Pants
  • [ ] Tank top
  • [ ] Long sleeved shirt/sweater
[ ] Going home outfit for baby boy
[ ] Newborn diapers
[ ] Wipes
[ ] Laptop & power cord
[ ] Camera
[ ] Cellphones & chargers
[ ] Movies for distraction purposes
  • [ ] LotR
  • [ ] Empire Records
  • [ ] The Princess Bride
  • [ ] High Fidelity
[ ] Toothbrushes & toothpaste
[ ] Makeup Bag
[ ] Shampoo
[ ] Face wash
[ ] Brush
[ ] Blow dryer & Hair Straightener (yeah whatever, I know I probably won't care and won't use them but I want to have them so I have the option should I want to.)
[ ] Snacks (Animal Crackers)


Items Needed for Home Care:

[x] Newborn diapers
[x] Wipes
[ ] Diaper Cream
[x] Q-Tips
[ ] Petroleum Jelly
[x] Breast Pump
[ ] Nursing Bras
[x] Bottles
[x] Thermometer
[ ] Baby clothes
  • [ ] onesies
  • [ ] snap front shirts
  • [ ] socks
  • [ ] hats
  • [ ] mittens (to avoid face scratching)
  • [ ] sleepers
[ ] Swaddling Blankets
[ ] Burp Cloths

Furniture/Other Gear:

[ ] Travel System (Stroller/Car Seat)
[ ] Bassinet
[ ] Changing Table
[ ] Diaper Pail
[x] Glider
[ ] Diaper Bag
[ ] Swing
[x] Baby sling/carrier
[ ] Boppy Pillow


If anyone has any other suggestions of items that I'm forgetting and should add please let me know!



I also didn't want to lose track of this, I included it in an earlier post but it will be nice to have it in the same place as this list.

Newborn: 60.41 diapers/week (approx. time in this size is 2 weeks)

Size 1: 61.18 diapers/week (approx. time 2 months)

Size 2: 53.2 diapers/week (approx. time 3.5 months)

Size 3: 45.99 diapers/week (approx. time 6.5 months)

Size 4: 39.62 diapers/week (approx. time 10 months)

Size 5: 35.21 diapers/week (approx. time 16.5 months)


Also, our dear friend Emily came to visit from San Diego and gave us an early shower gift as she won't be able to come. She got us a teething toy, Aveeno baby body wash, boogie wipes! and these two adorable outfits that we had on our registry. We cannot wait to put our little man in:

This is a sweater onesie!!


A hooded robot onesie!!


I also bought this outfit on sale at Baby Gap online on Cyber Monday. It's thick cloth but it reminded me of a leather jacket and since Joel has leather jacket he loves I thought it would be cute for them to match :)

No comments:

Post a Comment