Monday, April 4, 2011

Our House

will be a very very very fine house.

We put in an offer on a house on Friday, received a counter offer yesterday which will be accepting today. The house is 30 minutes away from where we're living now and it's just down the street from my parents in the town I grew up in. I didn't think I'd ever move back and live there but this is a great investment opportunity and it will be amazing to have a place that is completely our own. It is a multifamily home in which two guys I went to high school with live in the upstairs apartment and we will be living in the downstairs. It needs some updating and it's not our dream home, but it will work for the next several years. Then we'll be able to buy or build our dream house (or at least something closer to it) and this house will be a full rental property. We were approved for a 15 year FHA loan so it will be completely paid off in 15 years and we'll save a ton in interest.

I have already picked out ways to improve the place which I'll post later. I want to photoshop the updates over the current pictures first.

If all goes well, our closing date is set for June 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment