Tuesday, February 1, 2011

34 Weeks & OB Appointment

We had our appointment this morning with Dr. Nopersonalitiy. He was seriously the most awkward person I've ever spoken to/dealt with. He stared at my chart and would only looking me in the throat, not in the eyes and not often at all. He spoken very quietly and in fragments of sentences so needless to say we're saving our questions for our appointment on the 17th. I did ask him about circumsition...you should have seen him squirm in his seat. I'm sure he's a fabulous OB/GYN doc but his bedside manner is severally lacking! He also told me I "could stand to gain a little more weight" I know I haven't gained as much as recommended however, in this case the number would of course be lower as it was a morning appointment and all our other appointments have been in the evening. Also, I'm a small person and I've always had a fast metabolism so I'm finding it hard to gain weight...I know you want to shoot me now for typing that...sorry :/ It's the truth though! However, when he measured my fundal height, the measurement is completely normal at 33.5cm. So there are no worries because baby is growing as he should be and so is my uterus/amniotic fluid level.



New Symptoms: Nothing new from last week.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 15 pounds still. I ate four pieces of pizza and five breadsticks for dinner in honor of needing to gain more weight lol.

Maternity Clothes: No new ones, I don't think I'll be buying any new clothes at this point other than a dress for my baby shower...if I feel like it lol.

Stretch Marks: Still none! But the belly did start getting itchy this week so I've started really slathering the lotion even more so than I have been.

Sleep: It depends on the night, some are btter than others. Last night was a good sleep night except that I woke up at 3:00 AM wide awake and couldn't really get back to sleep.

Movement: Still lots of movement.

Food Cravings/Aversions: Nothing new.

Belly Button In or Out: Its out.

What I Miss: What it feels like to not have a foot buried deep within my right ribs causing lots of discomfort.

What I am Looking Forward To: I'm starting to get really excited to meet our little man :)

Best Moment This Week: Relaxing all weekend with Joel, it will be a while before we'll get to be that lazy together again.

Labor Signs: Nothing real, just B.H. contractions.

Here's the belly, definitely getting lower!





Comparing 31 week belly to 34 week belly. What a difference three weeks can make in the shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment