Sunday, February 6, 2011

Thinking Ahead to Labor

I wonder if I'll know I'm in labor when it's happening. I wish that there was a set "this is how it's going go" timeline. There are so many variables when it comes to labor that it's kind of freaking me out. You have no way of knowing how it is going to go or in what order since it's different for everyone. I just wish there was a list of Step 1, Step 2, Step 3, etc. I'm sure everyone feels this way at this point. I'm a planner. Not being able to plan when it's going to happen makes me feel both uncomfortable and excited. It will be a good surprise, but I've never been huge on surprises. However, speaking of surprises I have had several dreams over the past two weeks where I push baby out and SURPRISE he ends up being a she. I would just laugh if this were to really happen as neither of us care either way if it's a boy or girl and we've registered for mostly neutral items anyways because we want to be able to use them again for our second baby.

Our baby shower is only a week away now which I'm really excited about because a few people that I didn't think would be able to make it are coming and I'm really excited to see them! I'm also excited to see the cake and cupcakes that a friend of my mom's is making using our invitation as inspiration. We're doing a "Jack and Jill" shower and it's theme is Bedtime Stories.

This was the front of the invitation that I designed for the shower:



This is the other side with the info:



It will also feel really good to have more baby items in the house as I feel like we're minimally prepared at the moment if I were to go early. We have diapers, wipes and a couple of outfits....and that's it. I think that's adding to my anxiety too. Not to mention we're considering buying a house which will be excellent and will actually save us money while building equity as opposed to renting the house we're in now. However, it's a little stressful not knowing where we're going to be living because it makes me not really want to set anything up here in this house in case we do buy the house house and also thinking about moving while I'm this pregnant is stressful too. I'm just trying to keep my "go with the flow" attitude knowing that will all work out in the end.



This week is going to be a really busy week:

Tuesday = Birth Center grand opening at our hospital at 4:30 which we're attending after work so Joel can see it. I have already been able to see it since I work at the hospital in the facilities department and it is AWESOME. Although when I walked through last week I started getting that glazed over kind of feeling thinking about how soon it is that I'll actually be using those rooms...

Thursday = First Le Leche League meeting at 6:00 as an assignment for our Bradley birthing class. It will be good to meet other couples in the area with young children and learn more about breast feeding.

Friday = Bradley birthing class from 6:00 - 8:00

Saturday
= Our baby shower!!! The shower actually starts at 1:00 but we'll head over to my parents' house earlier in the day as it is also my dad's birthday. I think he's feeling extra old this year since he'll be a grandpa for the first time when our baby is born. He's excited but I really do think it's also really weirding him out haha.

I just can't believe we're getting down to the end already. I'll be 35 weeks on Tuesday and our next appointment is on February 17th at which time they'll do the Group Strep B test and we'll be able to get some solid answers on our questions about circumcision and how it is done at our hospital.


I guess that's it for now, I just wanted to get some of that out of my system as it's been on my mind lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment