Thursday, July 15, 2010

5 Weeks


Baby's now the size of an appleseed!
Your embryo, which doesn't look like much more than a tadpole right now, is actually starting to form major organs (heart, kidney, liver, stomach) and systems (nervous, circulatory, digestive). Baby's presence in your uterus triggers production of HCG (the hormone detected by pregnancy tests), which triggers the production of other hormones like estrogen and progesterone, which triggers all those great symptoms you've probably been noticing!


I decided to start filling in this survey to track any changes.

New Symptoms: My breasts are sore, some nausea and some back pain. Oh and gas...yeah...I've been told that only gets worse. Great...

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Unknown. I can no longer use our scale because it's one of those ones that sends an electric pulse to measure your body fat % among other things.

Maternity Clothes: Not yet.

Stretch Marks: None.

Sleep: It's been really hot lately so I haven't been sleeping well. I've also been waking up at 4am for the past week feeling sick to my stomach.

Movement:
Only gas bubbles :-P
Food Cravings/Aversions: None really yet. Although my lettuce tasted really repulsive today so I avoided it in my salad. I'm hoping that's just a fluke though because I really like lettuce.

Gender:
We're thinking it's a girl. We'll know in about 15 more weeks :)

Belly Button In or Out: In.

What I Miss: Yuengling. I miss it more than I thought I would. I miss coming home after a long rough day and having a nice cold one on the couch or on the deck. I keep trying to convince myself that the water tastes better anyways, but it's just not the same. I may give in and buy O'Doul's heh.

What I am Looking Forward To:
Our first appointment on August 13th

Best Moment This Week:
Telling our families. They're super excited, of course.

Labor Signs: n/a



Here is the first belly picture. It's all bloat.











These are mostly for reference months from now so I can remember what I used to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment