That gem of a quote brought to you by Grams (Joel's Grandma). She's amazing. I love that woman so much. I'm getting a little ahead of myself here. So let me start from the beginning. Today was my appointment to have the hospital confirm my pregnancy before setting me up with my first official OB appointment. I made sure not to drink too much water before hand this time! After waiting for what seemed like an eternity (they told me three minutes but the nurse didn't come back in for 12 whole minutes!) She shut the door and said "Well congratulations! You're pregnant!" and showed me the test with two very definite pink lines. This nurse was the same nurse I had last week when I got the negative test with the faint line after 5 minutes that didn't count because it's against protocol, they can only judge by what it said within the 3 minutes. She said she had been so disappointed that she had to tell me it was negative even though she was pretty sure I was pregnant that she had discussed it with the other nurses. I guess they all agreed that it sounded like I definitely was give my two at home positives. So she was glad that I came back and that she got to be the one to deliver the good news to me.
I am 4 weeks and 6 days today, so I will be 5 weeks along tomorrow. My estimated due date is March 17th, 2011 and my first OB appointment is on August 13th. I'll be 9 1/2 weeks at that point so we should be able to hear the heart beat!! What I've been told to expect is to be ready to give my entire family history of illnesses, diseases, etc., I will have a full exam done and lots of blood work. All in all it should take around an hour. I'll have to wait and see what the letter confirming the appointment says I need to do about drinking water prior to the appointment for the u/s and any other things that I may need to do. At this appointment they'll also give me a packet of information that explains what foods to avoid, what over the counter medicines are safe to take, etc. I'm going to start writing down any questions that I can think of between now and then.
So now, onto what I began this post with. Given the "official" confirmation from the hospital we decided we would call our grandparents to tell them the news tonight, making sure to let them know that we're still really really early on and anything can happen. However, our family members are having a hard time not saying anything because they're so excited for us and we want to tell them before any one slips up. Neither of my grandparents answered their phones, so we called Joel's Grams and her reaction was the best so far. Once she heard it was us on the phone and Joel said "Grams I've got some news!" She said "What? Is Christina pregnant or something?!" She was little surprised when we answered yes though and gave a us a huge congratulations and then said her gem of a quote to me - "So did you plan it or did Joel just fire away?" I responded with laughter and said "Oh you know, a little bit a both!" She cracks me up. She's in her 80's and she just says whatever is on her mind all the time. I love it!! Two of Joel's aunts were there having dinner with his Grams so she asked if she could tell them and we said "sure" so we told them and we heard them yell at the same time "WOOHOO!!!!!" So all in all it's one of my favorite reactions we've gotten so far.
So now all I have to say is you really better stick little baby Staples! There's a lot of people here rooting and praying for you and we're all really excited to meet you in March!! Love you little one <3
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment