Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 5th

July 5th started out feeling special, we had been married 10 months and we were planning on going on a hike and in general having a great day. On a whim I decided I would POAS, as we had TTC this month. I thought how it would be some how more memorable if we found out I was on our 10 month "anniversary." So I POAS and when one word, not two, showed up on the little digital screen I was in disbelief. I didn't actually think I would be pregnant, but here I am looking at that word in digital letter. I only was able to resist the urge to POA(nother)S because I only had one left. Joel was at the store at the time, so I sent him a text saying to call me ASAP which he did as he was pulling up to our house which was excellent because I did not want to tell him over the phone but I was terrified if he wasn't coming home soon that I would just blurt it out. When he came in I told him and my announcement was followed by a wonderful series of private moments that we'll keep between the two of us. Needless to say we're both excited! Joel more so than I was at the point, I think because I was still in shock and I didn't want to get my hopes up in case it wasn't true. We're planning on keeping this a secret until I'm further along as this is our first and we don't want to get our families hopes up, only to let them down if it doesn't stick.

July 6th: I woke up and took the last test that I had just to see if it would still say it. Still pregnant, so I called to set up an appointment and got one the same day at 1pm to confirm the pregnancy, which they do before they schedule you your first real appointment. I walked over to the clinic, peed in a cup, waited in the room for the three minutes looking at the poster of the food pyramid for pregnant woman and baby magazines. The nurse returns with my result and closes the door. She proceeds to tell me that it came back negative and that it could be just that the two at home tests I had taken were more accurate than theirs but that theirs is supposed to be one of the most accurate there is. So I ask if it could be that I drank too much water and that my urine was just too diluted and she said "oh can that happen?" I wanted to smack her, because yes, of course this early on that can happen. I really hope I don't have her when I go back, I was not impressed. She told to wait until I miss my period this week and then come back at the end of next week to retest. So that's the plan. We wait.

July 7th: After yesterday's test coming back negative and even knowing how rare false positives are, let alone two false positives I broke down and bought another box tonight after work. I POAS at 4pm and it read pregnant again. So at this point I think it's safe to say that yesterday I had just drank too much water before the test and that I am officially pregnant. I went to the grocery store and stocked up on lots of veggies and fruits and a giant container of yogurt. I eat pretty healthy anyways, lots of veggies, all whole grains including our pastas, lots of water so I don't see this being a struggle. The only thing that I will actively have to make sure I"m getting enough of is dairy products as I don't eat much of them since they typically bother my stomach. Strangely though, for the past week and a half I've been eating more and my stomach has been fine with it. I've been taking prenatal vitamins since February. So I'd say I'm on track right now.

I started a profile on the What To Expect When You're Expecting website (see the link below):

http://www.whattoexpect.com/profile/XtinaDawn

I just really really hope that this little one sticks, we're both so excited about it and I know that you don't always get it on the first one, but I'm really hoping we do.

1 comment: