Sunday, July 11, 2010

Breaking the News

Today we told our immediate families because well we just couldn't keep it a secret. We let them know that it's super early on in the pregnancy and so anything can happen. They were all thrilled of course. We broke it to them with onzies that I decorated to say "I heart My Family" and then on the back it listed my parents' last name and on the other one it listed his parents' last name. They thought it was adorable. It was exciting breaking the news, but all the typical things started happening immediately (as expected). "Do you think it's a boy or a girl?" "Are you going to find out?" "Are you drinking a lot of water? Because you know you need to drink a lot of water right?" "What names are you thinking about?" "Are you going to do a natural birth?" "Are you going to be a stay at home mom or go back to work?" and so on. I don't know why I didn't prepare myself for all these inevitable questions, but I wasn't prepared and I found myself getting really annoyed that they couldn't just be like "Oh that's amazing! Congrats!" and leave it at that. Granted they're family and clearly this is most likely my hormones breaking out a bit, but it annoyed me. I was polite and answered everyone of course but it made me wish that we waited to tell them so we could enjoy the peace of just knowing without all the questions. I am really glad that they're excited and care enough to want to be involved and know the answers to these questions though. I think I just should have taken a nap before everyone came over. AF is officially 3 days late now, which is excellent. I'm going to call tomorrow to schedule my appointment to have it confirmed by the hospital so I can get my first OB appointment scheduled. I can't wait for our first ultrasound!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment