Thursday, July 29, 2010

7 Weeks





Baby's now the size of a blueberry!
Baby's brain -- both hemispheres! -- is growing fast, generating about one hundred new cells every minute. Arms and legs are emerging as joints start to form, and a permanent set of kidneys (baby's third!) is now in place.



New Symptoms: Constant hunger! My stomach never used to growl and now it growls every 2 hours! So I oblige and feed it. It's just crazy how hungry I am all the time. I've been going with fruits and veggies and carbs as snacks. Staying away from sugar and empty calories as much as possible.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still unknown. I'll weigh myself on Sunday when we go to my in-laws.

Maternity Clothes: Not yet. Though I have started unbuttoning the top button on my pants about half way through the day from the bloat.

Stretch Marks: None yet. I bought Palmer's Coca Butter for stretch marks that I'm using morning and night now in preparation.

Sleep: Overall this week I slept pretty well, aside from today when I woke up at 3:30 and pretty much didn't sleep at all after that.

Movement: None yet.

Food Cravings/Aversions: Poppyseed bagels have been amazing as well as oatmeal and Fiber One chocolate and oats bars. No new aversions so far this week.

Belly Button In or Out: In.

What I Miss:
At the moment, nothing! I'm just excited.

What I am Looking Forward To:
Our appointment on the 13th which doesn't seem so far away now.

Best Moment This Week:
Telling one of my close friends that I was nervous to tell because she's not married, not even really dating. After we got married she's been feeling like she needs to 'catch up' and she said that she's not ready for us to have a baby lol. She was joking mostly but it still made me nervous to tell her. It went really well though and she's really excited! So yay!! :)

Labor Signs: n/a



I'm going to research some nursery ideas today and I'll post those in a separate post. So check back later!

No comments:

Post a Comment